Over the next few days I'll be going through various blogs, magazines, webzines and all that drawing attention to THEIR album of 2010- to keep things interesting I'll also pick out a couple of other songs from albums which feature in the publication's list.
UNDER THE RADAR
UTR opted for Sufjan Stevens' "The Age od Adz" as their numero uno, "no album better encapsulated our confusing times" was the tagline. Here's a vid which has had some flower type visuals put up by someone- they work pretty well and "All for Myself" is a great tune which has a real atmosphere to it.
So which other songs have I opted for from UTR's selection... well I've chosen GAYNGS song "Cry" from their album "Relayted" which was rated the 41st best album of 2010... I love the vocals on this track...
My other choice is from Local Natives' "Gorilla Manor" which cam in seventh place on the album list. This is their tune, "Wide Eyes". I think the rhythm and harmonies on this one are winner!
ROCKSOUND
Right time to heavy things up a bit! Rocksound opted for Oli Sykes' Bring Me the Horizon for album of the Year with "There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret". BMTH have never been a personal favourite, however, new ideas are entering the mix with new electro-glitch moments. "BMTH today stand at the very vanguard of the UK metal scene..." according to Mike Diver at BBC Music... here's their song "Crucify Me"...
Right fromt he others on the Rocksound list I've plumped for Kylesa's "Spiral Shadow" I saw these guys last year and have been keen on them ever since I heard 2009's "Static Tensions". Kylesa's album came tenth in Rocksound's list incidentally. Below is some studio footage and their song "Tired Climb", which kicks butt.
Finally I've opted for a band called Open Hand, I hadn't heard much of them before but I thought their song "Son of Gun" from the album "Honey" (47th on Rocksound's list) was great... Enjoy!
Right, there ya go a selection from Rocksound and Under the Radar... more to follow shortly!
Cracked Actor: Robbie Williams’ Rudebox at 20
6 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment